FPSO Offshore Ivory Coast 2015
As part of the life extension program of a major clients’ FPSO, Global Energy Ventures won a significant contract to manage a MeOH, Chemical Injection Unit and High Pressure Unit expansion project.
Global Energy Ventures were responsible for the procurement, fabrication and installation of all pipework, tubing and cabling for the new packaged modules that were being installed.
Due to the sensitivity of the work being done offshore, we had to very carefully project manage every task so that it was completed within a limited timeframe when the vessel had been shutdown. During this time, Global Energy Ventures had 35 personnel working offshore to ensure that all critical tasks were completed successfully.
The Global Energy Ventures project team were responsible for the following:
- Full Project Management
- Defining the correct materials required for the project
- Sourcing, procurement and shipping of all of the materials
- Onshore fabrication of all of the replacement spool lines
- NDT and pressure testing for all newly fabricated spools
- Offshore installation of the pre-fabricated spools
- Fabricate new strengthened deck sections for the new modules
- Install lengthy tubing runs and instrumentation for the new Chemical Injection Unit
- Pull, install, test and connect electrical cabling to the new packaged modules
Our team consisted of the following personnel:
- Project Manager
- Rope access Electrical Supervisor and team
- Rope access Instrumentation Supervisor and team
- Onshore and Offshore Fabrication Supervisor and teams
- Lifting and rigging supervisor
- Fire watchers
- NDT and Pressure Testing technicians