When the existing helideck structure on board the Gulftide, offshore Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire, was condemned and unable to receive incoming personnel, a rapid solution was needed to dismantle the current structure and fabricate and install a new and uprated helideck.
Global Energy Ventures, using an innovative ‘sky hook’ and gin pole rigging solution, were tasked with breaking up and removing the previous deck and support structure offshore and offloading this to a supply vessel. The new support structure was fabricated onshore and then installed in sections offshore.
The project team in Blue were responsible for:
- Complete project management including materials procurement planning
- Onshore and offshore structural and deck fabrication, painting and galvanising
- NDT and weld inspection
- Deconstruction, rigging and removal of existing deck and substructures
- Rope access rigging and fabrication of the new substructure offshore
- Installation of the helideck netting, lighting and fire protection equipment to CAP437